Want to know how to approach a screening interview with a top tech company? It can definitely be tricky to know how to approach the process, how to maintain confidence throughout, and how to answer hard questions.
Rajesh Sankaran and I talked through his upcoming interview with Google (which has passed with flying colors).
Here are the questions we addressed:
- Resume Walkthrough and Job Description walkthrough
- How do you properly introduce yourself? What should you highlight? How should you close?
- How can I bring a confident voice to the interview?
- How to answer direct questions like:
- What Google Product do you like to use?
- Which Google Product do you not like to use?
- Which Google Product could be improved and how?
- Why do you want to work at Google?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a time when you had to disagree with your boss.
- How do you approach prioritization + estimation?
- How to approach core business questions (for Google asking about advertising).
Join Product Patterns for free to get immediate access to the full 40-minute coaching session.
Also get updates when new Q&A sessions, guides, expert interviews, templates, and other resources launch.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Join Product Patterns (or if you’re already a member just enter your email again) to get access to the 40-minute coaching session where we walk through tips and approaches for handling an initial screening interview.